Saturday, August 18, 2012

My pastor husband starves us, wife tells court


Scales of Justice
A 38-year-old woman, Chioma Orji, has pleaded with an Agege Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve her marriage of seven years.
The mother of two accused her husband, Wisdom Orji, of being irresponsible and uncaring to her needs and those of her children.
Chioma, who has the custody of the children, claimed that her husband had failed to provide money for their feeding and hospital expenses.
She said, “Since the children and I left his house, he hasn’t been paying their allowances. He is supposed to pay N10,000 monthly but he pays N6,000, claiming he needs to get steady first and later on, he would adjust.
“The two children fell sick due to malnutrition and cold; how can N6,000 settle their expenses in the hospital? He is a pastor and he heads a church. He is living comfortably and he owns a car, why should he say he doesn’t have money to for the upkeep of his own children?”
The husband didn’t refute the allegations against him.
He said, “This is the money I can afford for now. I don’t have any other place I get money except through my work. That I own a church and I have a car doesn’t mean I am comfortable.
“This is all her fault because she doesn’t take care of the children properly the way a mother should. When I get back on my feet, I will restore the amount to N10,000. That is all I can afford for now, she has to manage with that.”
The president of the court, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, however, asked Mr. Orji to submit a letter of apology containing the fact that he could not afford the previous amount for that period and a promise that he would restore the amount immediately money starts coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.