Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Exclusive Interview with Okwara Chijioke aka CJ of Wazobia, Cool & Nigerian Info FM

Okwara Chijioke
The event guru talks to BigTimi about his background, getting a job, and how he's coping being an event executive at 3 radio stations.

What is  your background?

My full name is Okwara Chijioke aka CJ, am  from a family of 10,  the last born, my primary education was done in Owerri, while secondary school was immaculate heart comprehensive high School Maryland Lagos.
I attended  University  of  Portharcourt where I studied political science from 2005 – 2009
I had my NYSC in Gombe state for 6 months before I relocated to Lagos to secure a job as an intern Corper at CoolFM

 Tell us about life before getting the job?


 I was one of those people who God blessed so much,  I got back to Lagos from Gombe after spending like 6 months over there in cold and dry weather. When I got to Lagos, NYSC posted me to a dry cleaning centre to serve my father’s land and because of distance from the place to my house, I refuse to work in that place. I met a Good Samaritan in NYSC office who posted me to Steam broadcasting and communications known as Coolfm. After my NYSC at Coolfm, I was then retained as a staff. That’s how it all began.

What is your Daily routine like?
I wake up every day and prepare for the day ahead.

What is the most interesting part of your  job?
Funny, every part of my job is interesting 

You work in the 3 stations WazobiaFM, Cool FM, Nigerian Info?
Yes 

How do you cope with that?
I try as much as possible to accommodate it.

Which of your many projects excite you the most?
Coolf fm praise jam, am always look forward to it.

What has been the lowest point or the most challenging experience you’ve faced in your career so far?
For the fact that it’s my first working experience, I made whole lots of mistakes and I received too many insult of my life. I thank God I was able to learn, thanks to my various bosses.

Did you actually wanted to be an Event Executive?
I never knew I would be an event manager, but I have always loved entertainment.

Where is your dream country?
Hmm, U.S.A, New York specifically.

Do you party?
Due to the type of job, I party a lot.

 Who is your favourite designer and why? 
Locally or internationally, well locally I like Mudi, internationally Gucci 

Are you a watch or shoe guy? Favourite brands?
I love wrist watches, am not a shoe person, I love Pams slippers a lot

Does it take anything special to be an Event Executive?

Nothing special really but you should be able to learn and from my bosses 

When planning a Event, What’s the most important thing to consider?

The event type

Your words to every youth out there?
I believe everything on earth should be based on Gods purpose and plan and also put in your very effort and do your best. I didn’t know I will be an event person, since I found my self in this field I will do my best to make sure I bring the best result always. Be thankful to God and worship him always.

1 comment:

  1. This boy is growing oooo. i wish him well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.