Sunday, July 22, 2012

KALU UCHE SEALS N294M KASIMPASA SWITCH

Enlarge font
Kalu Kalu
•Signs three-year deal

NIGERIA’S Kalu Uche has officially sealed a move to newly promoted Turkish Super Lig club, Kasimpasa for a poported fee in the region of 1.5million euros (about N294m).
According to the club's official website, the Nigeria international, who last played for Espanyol in the La Liga, has signed a three-year deal with the Turkish Super Lig outfit.
However, Kasimpasa did not confirm the transfer fee paid for the 29 year-old, who scored 6 goals in 15 appearances for Espanyol last term. Uche, who has played in Spain, Poland, France and Switzerland, said he is happy with his latest move.
"I'm excited with this whole new life and challenge," he disclosed in an interview with the BBC.
"Obviously, the offer is a good one and once both clubs agreed on a deal, it was a lot easier to sort the personal terms.
"It's a good deal financially and on a sporting aspect, importantly, I am happy with everything."
He also outlined his ambition with the Istanbul-based club.
"They have a good sporting plan and I like it. My plan is to give my best to the club," he said.
"I want to make a huge contribution and continue their success in the Super League as well.
"I have a strong feeling the team will do well this coming season and I want to be a part of that remarkable success story.
"It won't be easy but with their ambition and quality of players, I have a feeling I have chosen the right club to continue my career.
"It's a new adventure and I am increasingly confident it will take us to the top."
The Nigerian, who was also courted by the likes of UANL Tigres, Galatasaray and Bursaspor, will join his new teammates at their Netherlands pre-season camp in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.