Monday, July 23, 2012

2 fake cement factories sealed in Rivers

OPERATIVES of the National Task Force Against the
Importation of Small Arms, Ammunition and Fake
Products (NATFORCE) has sealed two fake cement
depots up in Rivers State.
The two depots situated in Eleme and Oyigbo local
government areas of Rivers State had been involved
in the adulteration and re-bagging of Dangote, Atlas
and Ibeto cement products.
Speaking on the seal up operation, Head of
Operations of the NATFORCE in Rivers, Julius Uzoma,
said the organisation had received information on the
illegal activities of the depots and had investigated
their activities.
"I disguised myself and was here a day before to
order for five hundred bags of cement. The man I saw
here promised that I should give him 24 hours that
the quantity would be met so that when I come the
next day I could clear it.
"When I came, I saw a trailer load of cement outside
the gate of the premises. You can see that they must
have driven it away in just 24 hours after I came here
to place the order. It is a clear indication that these
people are doing illegal business of spoiling people's
business here," Uzoma lamented.
However, a man who identified himself as Fred Bello,
an indigene of Kogi State, at the Eleme fake cement
premises, denied that re-bagging of cement was
going on at the premises, arguing that what they did
there was the packaging of barite which was often
delivered to whoever placed a demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.