Sunday, July 27, 2014

Only The Gospel Musicians Showed Up at Kefee's Burial - Daddy Showkey

In an interview with Leadership newspapers, Daddy Showkey expressed his disappointment at many Nigerian artists who didn't bother to attend Kefee's burial. He also talked about the time he was sick, and how none of his colleagues bothered to see how he was doing. He says he has no friends in the entertainment industry. Find below...


"I was disappointed that artistes did not come to show love to their own. It is not a good thing. The lady died and it is sad for her family. Musicians ought to have showed up and rallied round her people, to show that they care. It was only the gospel musicians that showed up, meaning there is no love in this industry. Nobody cares about you if you drop dead tomorrow. I told you I was away for 3 years because of my spinal cord injury. Nobody came to visit me during that time. No one from my generation of singers came to identify with me and that is bad for a man who has given much to the industry. This makes me think that we don’t care about ourselves in this industry. As the Yoruba people say, Oju aaye ni a nse o meaning, na eye service we dey do to oursefu!"he said. Continue



He said that in the industry, he doesn't have any friend
"I don’t have a friend oh. This life wetin my eyes don see, no be small thing oh! That experience is enough to make you cut-off, because when they see me with money they associate with Showkey; but when Showkey had a challenge, an accident- no one could call or say we feel your pain. So me, I no get friend. My friends are those in Ajegunle that we can say the truth to ourselves. It is only Pasuma that I can call my friend- he comes to my house anytime and we chat about things" he said.

Source: LIB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.