Thursday, May 9, 2013

Popular Musician 'Bracket' has Blood Cancer.


Nwanchukwu Ozioko, popularly known as Vast from the popular singing group, Bracket, has been diagnosed with Lymphoma, a type of cancer of the blood.
The singer was diagnosed in February this year after suffering serious body pains, headaches, non stop coughing, loss of weight and weakness while in Paris for a show. He flew to London where a test conducted determined he had cancer.

Vast has been receiving treatment at the Wellington Hospital in the UK since February and there are reports he's responding very well to treatment. He has undergone 4 circles of chemotherapy with each circle costing about N1.4million. He will do a few more before returning to Nigeria next month.

According to sources close to the singer, the sad part is that he actually went to a hospital in Nigeria late last year when he started losing weight and feeling weak.
They conducted a test on him but it took them forever to come back with the test result. Over three months actually. By then the cancer had spread to his liver. But thankfully he's getting better and will return home soon.

1 comment:

  1. If he went to a hospital in Nigeria but did not get his result, it is either bcuz he did not wait to get his result, did not go back for his result or he went to a quack! In my entire adult life, I have never been wrongly diagnosed, had my results with-held or been wrongly treated in Nigeria. I remember sometimes ago before I travelled to d UK, I had a complete medical check up, including opticals. While in d UK, I took ill n went to one of best Uni Teaching Hospitals - Nottingham. All mannar of tests including opticals were done on me. In fact, I was happy when I was going for d tests bcuz in my mind, it is here that d right state of my health wld be ascertained. Behold, all d results came out specifically d same wt d ones done in Nigeria! I say specific bcuz I travelled wt all my medical test results. I showed d doctor attending to me my Nigerian results. Even when I insisted I needed another specs different from d one I took from Nigeria. D doctor candidly told me it was unnecessary unless I wanted to throw away my money! Thereafter, I called one of my Nigerian doctors to hail her expertise. So, what are u insinuating here? Pls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.