Thursday, February 7, 2013

A must read: Family friend rapes and impregnate 15year old girl



Before July 2012 the families of Israel Jolaosho and Taju Adejumo, of Adefemi Ogundipe Street, Meiran in Ifako Ijaiye Local Government Area of Lagos State, were best of friends.

But the relationship went sour recently after Adejumo, 40, allegedly raped Jolaosho’s 15-year-old daughter, Deborah.

THIS IS HOW IT STARTED


Deborah told PUNCH Metro that on the fateful day, her mother, Rachel, had asked her to go to a construction site and bring back a plastic drum borrowed from her by Adejumo.

She said immediately she got there, Adejumo told her that the drum was kept upstairs and that she should go there and carry it.

Deborah said, “When I got there, he (Adejumo) came to meet me. When I was about to carry the drum, he held me tightly. As I was about shouting, he closed my mouth with clothes and tied me with ropes.

“After doing those things, he had sex with me. Because I have not had sex before, I had bruises and blood covered my private part. After the rape, he still left me tied but he removed the pieces of clothes in my mouth.

“I started crying but could not cry aloud. I asked what I had done to make him behave like that.

“After a long silence, he said I should not tell anybody what happened and that if I did, I would die after seven days. He then untied me after using the pieces of clothes to clean the blood in my private part.

“When I got home, my mother was angry that I overstayed but I could not tell her what happened to me because I was afraid I might die.”

The bubble, however, burst when Deborah started falling ill after the incident and was always vomiting.

She said it was then her mother called her to find out what was amiss.

“My mother started suspecting I was pregnant. She called me and asked, ‘are you pregnant? Who made you pregnant?’ It was then I told her that Adejumo raped me and warned me not to tell anybody, else, I would die.

“My mother took me to some hospitals where they conducted tests and said I was pregnant. By that time, it was four months. The doctors advised that because of my age and weight, it would be suicidal to terminate the foetus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this article. If you enjoyed it, please click any of the buttons above to share it. You can also make your comment below.